WHY YOU SHOULD BECOME A LEADER!
If you care about the future generation, if you want to contribute, to learn about yourself and other people and want to have fun doing it, then we want you to join us as a Leader!
Young people need leadership, they need the guidance of informed, caring adults to develop self-reliance, initiative and responsibility.
The worldwide Scout Movement offers this guidance through our Leaders, a team of dedicated, self-motivated individuals who take time on a voluntary basis.
Make a contribution to your community
Leaders care not only about the young people under their guidance, but also about the community in which they live.
As a Leader you will be actively involved in planning and implementing projects to help your local community, and in expanding the community awareness of the young people in your group.
You'll encourage a sense of responsibility and goodwill by participating in activities.
And, you'll be helping to develop a future generation capable of making a contribution to the world in which they live.
What kind of Leader can I be?
We need all kind of Volunteers in Scouts, we need
- Adult Leaders such as Group Leaders, District Commissioners, District Leaders who deal with the management of Groups and Districts and who are there to support the Youth Leaders
- Youth Leaders such as Joey Scout Cub Scout and other sectional Leaders deal with the Youth and deliver the Youth Program. To see what section or age group might suit you click on each of the sections in the left hand menu to find out more.
- Parent Helpers, Parents or Leaders who can only help out occasionally or with specific duties such as running activities or helping out at events.
For further information please contact:
- Brian Holecek - Lones District Commissioner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andre Freund – A/ District Commissioner email@example.com
- or phone. Scouts Australia SA Branch Headquarters (08) 81306000
- Leaders - Frequently Asked Questions
- Adult Roles in Scouts
- Leaders Uniform
- Leader Training
- The Adult Promise and Law
- Leader badge placements